Tuesday 21 February 2012

Hoping to clinch the deal

Remember my 2nd previous post, the one i mentioned that i got myself into a scrambled egg mess but i was still excited about the whole thing? Hah, here's the story:

It has been my plan to organise and pay for my wedding myself. so that means i'll do the sourcing, liaising and paying. And because i was very kiasu, i'd actually inked a deal with the caterer who'll be supplying food for my 500 guests. Trust me, it was a really good and complete package. They were throwing in amazing freebies as well since it was the last week of the year. So H went with me and did the questioning. All appeared great, hence i made a deposit of $1,500 which was the minimum.

Somehow..... when we were at my cousin's place for her engagement ceremony, my dad very confidently and joyfully told me that he had already confirmed with my aunt that he wants her to cater the food for my W-day. And when i asked about the separate costs of having to rent the tables/chairs/dais/mushollah/helpers, he just told me not to worry about a single thing as it's just a few hundred bucks. With his hands gestures and facial expression, I knew he wanted me to stop questioning and just go with his flow.

I really wanted to pay everything myself, but at the same time, I want to make my parents happy too.

So, I decided to forfeit my deposit with the initial caterer. :(

Thank god for wedding forums! The moderator actually suggested me to sell off the package rather than just allowing it to "vanish" into thin air. Now, why didnt it dawn on me? Only God knows how stupid I felt at that particular moment.

I went into facebook and dropped messages to those people who I saw enquiring my caterer for 500 pax 2013. A couple replied to me. One actually met up with the caterer, she brought along all my correspondences and my copy of invoice. Thank god she called me up right after the meeting. Well, it seems now that we'll be having a transaction this Sunday *cross fingers*

Pray for me, love.

Hearts & Hugs
R

No comments: